Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dnevnoy Dozor (2006; Timur Bekmambetov)


Yes, I have very obvious trends to where most of my reviews go. Which brings me to, yes, I know I skipped Alien, but there is a reason for that. The reason is unimportant, just showing you that I am in fact, aware.


The Great Ones have come, so who will win the battle of light and dark? That really is as deep as I need to go about it. Sure, I could explain who does what and when they do it, but that is what watching the movie is for. It's like I am trying to tell you about a pie, and I convince you that it is a delicious pie. I then proceed to eat the pie, leaving you nothing to experience for yourself. I don't want to be the guy who steals your pie. That is just wrong.

Most of what applies about the cinematography and special effects from the Nochnoy Dozor review applies to this film as well, just toned down a slight degree.

However, this film picks up what the first left off and improves upon it. This film drops the clutter that apparently left a lot of people leaving the first with a bad taste in their mouth. This helps the film flow more smoothly for most, and leaves plenty of space in the movie for something very important. The development of character. We get a much deeper look into a lot of the characters from the first movie, adding another dimension to the enjoyment of the film.

The streamlining of this film, plus the added emotional dimension, knocks this film up to...

Score: 4.5/5

Notes: Sex Change, Transsexual

No comments: